The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Palestine on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine. The MoU was signed on 16th May, 2017.
The MoU covers the following areas of cooperation: –
- Capacity building of health staff;
- Prevention and control of communicable diseases;
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation;
- Drugs, pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipments; and
- Any other area of mutual interest.
A Working Group will.be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoU.