New DS8100-HC series scanners and TC51-HC mobile computer provide improved workflows for healthcare professionals and better patient experiences
Zebra Technologies Corporation , the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, is introducing two new purpose-built mobile handheld devices that will improve clinical mobility workflows and patient care.
The DS8100-HC series scanners and the durable TC51-HC mobile computer can foster clinical collaboration for staffers and drive better operational efficiencies, while also supporting the five rights of medication administration to help increase patient safety. The new products expand Zebra’s portfolio of healthcare solutions.
In addition, Zebra recently partnered with GE Healthcare to bring Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) wireless asset tracking technology to hospitals. GE Healthcare’s Encompass is a cost-effective real-time location systems (RTLS) solution that helps hospitals manage mobile asset inventory, reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and achieve better capital allocation.
NEW PRODUCT KEY FACTS
- Both the DS8100-HC series and the TC51-HC mobile computer can capture virtually any barcode in any condition and scan the most problematic barcodes found in pharmacies, labs, and at the point of care to help improve productivity and efficiency.
- The DS8100-HC sseries imager, available in corded (DS8108-HC) and cordless (DS8178-HC) versions, features a purpose-built housing using special plastics that prevent the spread of bacteria and allow for safe wipe-downs with a wide selection ofstrong disinfectants used in hospitals.
- The DS8100-HC sseries comes with a wide selection of feedback modes such as standard LED, vibrate, and beeper feedback, instantly notifying healthcare workers when a barcode is properly captured without disturbing the patients.
- The Android™-enabled TC51-HC mobile computer can perform multiple tasks, such as calling/texting co-workers, receiving calls via PBX, accessing patient records, scanning barcodes and increasing medication administration accuracy. By consolidating these applications into one device, tasks can be executed with ease and proficiency.
- An ultra-high resolution, rear-facing camera and a front-facing camera enable healthcare professionals using the TC51-HC to provide an intricate account of patient condition and offer remote consultation for quicker service.
- The TC51-HC is supported by LifeGuard™ for Android™, Zebra’s software security solution that extends the lifecycle of Zebra Android enterprise mobile computers. LifeGuard adds years of operating system (OS) security support – beyond the consumer support timeline – to match the enterprise hardware lifecycle, helping organizations significantly lower TCO while ensuring the most updated security.
- Zebra’s Workforce Connect™: PTT Express solution comes pre-installed and pre-licensed on the TC51-HC, providing clinicians with a push-to-talk (PTT) option right out of the box with any PTT Express-enabled Zebra mobile computer, providing better collaboration and communication between healthcare workers. An integrated healthcare dictionary also enables autofill and suggestions for quicker, more accurate data entry.
Wayne Harper, Senior Technical Director, Zebra Technologies Asia Pacific
“We have seen digital healthcare increasingly take over the traditional ways of delivering patient care in Asia Pacific. Hospitals are adopting enterprise-grade mobile devices like the TC51-HC mobile computer and DS8100-HC series scanners to record, cross-check, and analyze patient data. This has delivered tangible productivity and efficiency gains, reduced human errors, and significantly enhanced the patient experience. We foresee administrative work to be increasingly done using mobile devices, freeing up doctors and nurses for more value-added tasks – ultimately enhancing patient care.”
Chris Sullivan, Global Healthcare Practice Lead, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra is pleased to collaborate with GE Healthcare as we see transformative value from this innovative, practical, and easy-to-implement real-time tracking solution. With Enterprise Asset Intelligence built by real-time visibility, clinicians now have reduced operational distractions and a greater ability to maximize their focus on patient care. This is a good thing for all of us and contributes to a higher-quality, lower-cost patient care environment.”