Medela India, the world’s leading global producer of breast pumps and nursing accessories today announced the launch of their unique MyMedela application that offers first-of-its kind digital breastfeeding support for pregnant, new and experienced mothers. The app which is available for Android and iPhone, is a 24/7 resource providing mothers with robust tracking tools, along with personalized, expert advice on nursing and pumping.
Exclusive breast feeding is ideal nutrition and sufficient to support optimal growth and development for approximately the first 6 months of life. Despite its well-known benefits, the facts reported on breastfeeding practices in India are not very encouraging. Results from a survey conducted by Medela, only 33 per cent mothers initiate breastfeeding in the first hour, and even seasoned ones need assistance and encouragement to ensure the most successful experience for baby and mom. MyMedela app delivers proactive guidance for overcoming issues and challenges, as well as tips that can lead to a positive breastfeeding experience for mother and child.
Highlighting the utility of the MyMedela app, Vishwanath Kannan, Marketing Manager, Medela India said, “At Medela, we relentlessly focus on lactation research to understand all aspects of breastfeeding and apply these discoveries to its products and services. In today’s day and age, mothers more often than not take to the internet for finding solutions to issues in their day-to-day lives. Mobile phone is the most preferred medium for accessing the internet to provide information that is quick and handy. Recognising this trend, MyMedela has been created to empower mothers with all the necessary information and support at the click of a button. Not only this, but the app also provides customised solutions based on each mom’s individual situation to make their breastfeeding journey smooth and enjoyable”.
Unique features of MyMedela App:
- Offers an exclusive confidence assessment to understand mom’s strengths and focus on her goals to then deliver customized feedback and support based on mom’s answers and other data entries
- Provides a problem solver tool for quick answers to common breastfeeding questions, featuring tips from expert healthcare professionals
- Sends tailored articles and videos within the app, based on where each mom is on her breastfeeding journey
- Tracks breastfeeding and pumping routines (e.g., time spent, volume and frequency)
- Records information about baby’s growth and daily activities, such as height, weight, sleep and diapers
- Snapshots of mom and baby’s activities are available on easy-to-read dashboards
- Sends personalized reminders, alerts and notifications that celebrate accomplishments and help moms manage breastfeeding challenges and goals