The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) among New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), Japan and Ministries of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs), Health & Family Welfare and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) concerning the Demonstration Project for ICT based Green Hospital at AIIMS in Delhi.
The project shall encompass the following work:
- Surveys required for engineering and design, construction and operation of the EQUIPMENT,
- Basic planning and engineering and design of the EQUIPMENT,
- Manufacture and transportation of the EQUIPMENT,
- Civil work, construction and installation
- Commissioning of the EQUIPMENT,
- Demonstration of the EQUIPMENT, and
- Dissemination of the TECHNOLOGY in India.
The MoU shall come into effect on the date of its signature and shall remain effective until March 31, 2020.
The objectives of the project are to contribute to the efficient use of energy and the protection of the environment in India by installing the energy efficient and IT related equipment in AIIMS Delhi and demonstrating the energy management system and IT system. Efforts will be made to widely disseminate the technology in India through demonstration of the equipment.