Pharmexcil (Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council of India) in association with Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India, has today organised the “Pharma CEOs Conclave” as a part of the Pharmexcil’s 12th Annual Meet in Hyderabad. The event witnessed the presence of Sudhansh Pant, Joint Secretary (Policy), Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India, Anice Chandra Joseph Director, Department of Commerce, Govt. of India, Madan Mohan Reddy, Chairman, Pharmexcil, Whole Time Director, Aurobindo Pharma & Dr. P V Appaji, Director General, Pharmexcil and dignitaries representing from the Government and the pharma industry.
The Pharma CEOs Conclave, based on the theme “Public-Private Partnerships in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing -Strategies for Improving Access to Medicines Globally”, was moderated by Shri Dinesh Dua, Vice Chairman, Pharmexcil & CEO & Director, Nectar Lifesciences Limited with panelists being Dr. Harish Iyer, Senior Advisor, Scientific Programs, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Ms. Isabelle P. Noblanc, Vice President & Head, UL Eduneering, Dr. Amar Bhat, Vice President, Open Health Systems Laboratory,. Anice Joseph Chandra, Director, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India,. Mahima Datla, Managing Director, Biological E Ltd, Jayant Tagore, President, Bulk Drugs Manufacturers Association. Sudhansh Pant, Joint Secretary (Policy), Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India, was the Chief Guest for the conclave.
Indian Pharmaceutical Industry has come to be recognised as “Pharmacy of the World” with the presence in all the therapeutic segments with almost all types of dosage forms and is a rich source of most of the APIs. India’s Exports of Pharmaceuticals in 2015-16 has been to a tune of $16.89 billion. Generics (Drug formulations) is the third largest among the principal commodities exported by India during 2015-16. Pharmaceuticals as a whole, inclusive of other components like Bulk Drugs, Ayush & Herbals and Surgicals under the purview of Pharmexcil, has contributed 6.44% to the total exports of India during financial year 2016.
Highlights of the event:
- Overseas delegates from Africa, ASEAN, SAARC, GCC, CIS Regions are invited
- About 50-60 Manufacturers of Finished formulations & 40-50 Distributors / importers of formulations are invited
- Opportunity for Indian exporters dealing in APIs, Formulations, Nutraceuticals, Excipients, Medical Devices, Veterinary drugs, Biologicals, AYUSH products, Packaging material, Pharma Machinery
- Some of the overseas delegates are interested in Contract Manufacturing
- B2Bs on two days and Follow-up Session on 3rd day
- Seminars on Technical & Commercial subjects for two days
- Panel Discussions on current issues by eminent persons of Indian Pharma Industry
- Felicitation of Legends of Indian Pharma Industry
- Distribution of Export & Patent Awards to the Companies for their outstanding performance
Distribution of Export & Patent Awards: Pharmexcil, for over last twelve years, in its endeavour to promote exports and facilitating member companies at its best, has continued to provide support to its member companies in promoting their exports globally. In recognition of its member companies tireless efforts and to further encourage their achievements, Pharmexcil is honouring the member companies with Export and Patent Awards.