Exercise is always recommended for a normal human being, it doesn’t matter whether it’s for weight loss or recommended for a diabetic patient. It is good for your heart, mind, your lungs, your immune system and the overall body. Regular exercise can also help you maintain a healthier weight, which means better fertility.
Researches has proven that if you are trying to conceive then it is very important for a woman to maintain a healthy lifestyle and being physically fit is of utmost importance as it helps in regaining stamina and rejuvenating the energy level. Exercise can definitely be beneficial when trying to conceive. If you’re overweight, a sensible exercise program along with prescribed diets can help in conceiving.
But before starting any kind of physical activity to fight infertility it is always good to take advice from your doctor then only go ahead with these exercises. Below are the few simple exercises that helps you in fighting fertility and easy conception.
- Brisk walking – Walking is an ideal pre-conception exercise. It is a great cardiovascular exercise especially if you step to a reasonable pace and it also helps to tone your legs, back and tummy. All these are very important in treating infertility as being fit is the most integral part of your conception plan. So, go for a regular walk in the morning and evening.
- Dancing – Although you dance for fun or it is your hobby but dancing is a great way to stay fit and flexible especially when you’re trying to conceive. Most steps in dancing involves the movement of whole body and it becomes a really good cardio workout and it tones your muscles and builds stamina.
- Swimming – Swimming is the most safest and preferred exercise in both before and during pregnancy. It builds up the endurance and reduces toxic elements effortlessly. Swimming can be continued even when you are undergoing the infertility treatment and there is always a positive impact on it. It recharges the complete body and has a lot of fun too.
- Cycling – Cycling is another cardiovascular exercise that keeps your cholesterol levels healthy and reduces your risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes. It is one of the ideal preconception workouts.
- Yoga – Last but not the least, yoga exercises, meditation and breath-control exercises makes the mind state calm and reduces anxiety. By performing fertility yoga, you are strengthening your reproductive organs and muscles that are used during pregnancy and childbirth. Their deep-breathing technique promotes increased blood circulation, reduces stress and gives you easier relaxation.
Exercise by no means can harm you. In fact regular practice helps you a lot in treating long time infertility problem. Also, make sure that you are eating an adequate diet to compensate for the exercise. Your infertility problem needs to be managed only with long-term plan with a combination of diet, increased activity and lifestyle changes By
By Dr. Anubha Singh, Gynecologist, Infertility Expert from Shantah IVF Centre